Losing weight does not mean starving yourself. If you feel hungry frequently, let us tell you that you do not need to quit having snacks between meals. What you have to do is stay away from junk foods and choose nutritious, healthy snacks.
Here is a list of some excellent snacks that will give you energy and also help you lose weight. They are easy to make and you can carry them to work to avoid eating processed and packaged foods.
- Peanut butter and apple slices- Everybody eats apples, but have you ever eaten them with peanut butter? They are a fantastic combo, both in taste and in calorie-content. Apples have a wide range of health benefits. An apple of medium size with one spoon of peanut butter does not contain more than 200 calories.
- Mixed nuts- Nuts are loaded with nutrients. They lessen risks of heart ailment, fight depression, and also prevent certain types of cancers. Even if they contain fat, it is good fat that the body requires. They also have fiber and protein. The best thing about mixed nuts is that you can always keep a box of them in your bag.
- Mixed berries and Greek yogurt- Berries and Greek yogurt make a nutrient-dense, delicious snack. Yogurt is rich in protein and berries are antioxidants. For best results, prepare it with a combination of different berries.
- Boiled eggs- Eggs are healthy and delicious, and can be had with almost anything. They have vitamin K2, vitamin B12, and protein. No matter how busy you are, don’t forget to take two large, properly-boiled eggs and your day will be sorted.
- Cream cheese with celery sticks- Are you looking for something tasty yet healthy? Try celery sticks dipped in cream cheese and you’ll fall in love with the taste. Celery is loaded with luteolin, a powerful antioxidant with anti-cancer and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Dark chocolate- Dark chocolate with almond pieces makes a satisfying, rich and portable tummy-filler. It has flavanols that effectively decreases blood pressure and risks of heart problems. Almonds have beneficial effects on heart and blood sugar. Both almonds and dark chocolate are sources of magnesium. If you want one more reason to eat dark chocolate, it makes you happy.
- Kale chips- Kale is packed with antioxidants and fiber, making it incredibly healthy. You can make kale chips are home in a few minutes with some kale leaves, salt and olive oil. Mix the ingredients, place the pieces on a baking sheet and bake them to perfection.
- Chia pudding- To make it, mix chia seeds with water and put the mixture in the refrigerator for half an hour. After that, stir in peanut butter, sweetener, and cocoa powder. Your pudding is ready! Chia seeds are antioxidants and also contain fiber. So, you should prepare this recipe at least once a week.
Whenever you stomach craves for some food, aim for nutritious options instead of fattening foods. They will not just fulfill your appetite but also prevent excess weight gain.